- The current Parish Pastoral Council (PPC) is nearing the end of its term of office. At its September meeting on Tuesday evening last, the main discussion was around the formation of a new PPC. A number of key areas of development for the parish were identified and it was felt that the new PPC would reflect these areas and be formed around them. The four proposed groups are:
 Liturgy – preparing for Sundays, weekdays, Easter, Christmas etc.
 Finance – including fundraising
 Buildings – maintenance & planning
 Social Outreach – helping the parish to be inclusive of all people in our community
While the groups would meet on their own, it is important of course that there be consultation and collaboration so two representatives of each group would then form the new PPC. It is hoped that the new PPC, which would have a three year term of office, would be in place by the end of October. The new PPC would of course be free to co-opt members and also identify and work on other areas of interest for our parish. If you are interested in being part of any of these above groups, have particular skills or indeed would suggest any other area other than those above, we would love to hear from you. Contact Fr David or firstname.lastname@example.org
This is our first step and we appeal to all in our parish to pray and work together for the heart and soul of our parish to remain vibrant, alive and active.
- A meeting for parents of children receiving the sacraments for First Communion, First Reconciliation & Confirmation in 2020 in the O’gonnelloe Exchange Hall on Tuesday 24 September at 7.30pm. It is important that your family is represented at this meeting where details of the parish preparation programme will be discussed along with dates for the sacraments. Enrolment Masses will take place on the weekend of 5/6 October.
- The Sacrament of Confirmation will be administered by Bishop Fintan Monahan on Saturday 14 March 2020 in the Church of the Assumption, Bodyke. It will be a morning celebration.
- Sacraments of Reconciliation and First Holy Communion dates will be published in September.
- We would like to thank Gerry English for sponsoring the new sanctuary carpet in St Mary’s Church.
- Inis Cealtra pastoral area comprises of the parishes of O’gonnelloe, Bodyke, Scariff, Mountshannon, Feakle & Flagmount-Killanena. Fr Joe McMahon & Fr David are co-parish priests for the area who work together with Fr John Jones, Fr James O’Brien & Fr JJ Rodgers.